Sunday, October 24, 2010

Two Years

Dear Topher,
Today you turned two years old. Honestly, it feels like you have been a part of our family for much, much longer than two years. Your daddy and I don't always know the "right" way to raise you, but I promise we are giving you all we've got.
I want you to know something. I want you to know that we need you and we love the person you have become. Your cries can sink our home into stormy clouds, but your laughter can pull us back into the sunshine. We constantly wonder about you, worry about you, and beam with pride over your accomplishments.
I cannot imagine our home without your toys scattered about, your sippy cups piled up in the fridge, or your tiny clothes in the wash.
It took us several months to start feeling like we were real parents, and those first months were rocky ones for us. We were scared of how tiny you were, and we were scared to take you out of the house for fear that you might get sick. I can see now that we were being a little silly, but if someone were to rewind the clock, I can't think of a single thing I would do differently.
To the little person who completely overwhelmed us...
I just want to tell you that we are completely overwhelmed with our love for you.
Love always, your mommy
--KC
P.S. Birthday posts to follow.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet post for a sweet little boy. i can't wait to see the party pics! i bet you made his day unforgettable. :)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete