Friday, February 13, 2009

Getting Ready to Go!

We leave tomorrow morning for Minneapolis, and it's funny how much luggage a tiny little baby can add! We have to take his car seat, stroller, bath seat, flotation device, diaper bag...let's just say it's a good thing we have a bigger car now.
We stopped at the dollar store last night to load up on treats for the car ride. I love that store. Even though I know most things in there are "junk", I can't help it...I just love that everything is only $1. Really, if you gave me $10 for my birthday and sent me to the dollar store, I would have so much fun, it's almost sad. It's the one place where all my money sense goes out the window and I consider buying things I would never normally buy. Like that little device that rolls up my tube of toothpaste as I use it (I love that thing!). Or that nightlight shaped like a bug for Topher's room. Or the find of a century--a universal remote control. Our remote works fine except for the "volume down" button, which is very annoying when a loud commercial comes on and the baby is sleeping. So even though TJ thought I was insane for buying a remote control for $1, I couldn't stop myself. And even though it looks nice, like a regular remote, it's so light that it feels like it is completely empty inside. I mean 100% empty. But anyway...I brought it home and fiddled with it for awhile and you'll never believe it, but it started working (using the dollar store batteries I bought at the checkout counter last minute, haha). It turns the TV on and off, changes the channel, switches to DVD function, and turns the volume up and down. I'm utterly amazed. I really cannot believe that it works. Here it is, the amazing lightweight champ:
So tonight we're dropping Sassy off at the farm and loading up the car. Then tomorrow we hope to be on the road by 7am, well on our way to Minnesota. I'm sure one day is not enough to see the Mall of America properly, but we'll do our best. We haven't decided yet if we want to go to the shark aquarium there...it's supposed to be the "best shark exhibit on the planet" according to Animal Planet, but it's $19/person, so we're trying to decide if it's worth it. At least we won't be trying to hit the amusement park rides since Topher is way too small for all that. We will be there for the 2009 knit & crochet fair, though (Angie, that totally made me think of you!) Legoland is a must, pretzels are a must, and other than that we'll just try not to spend too much of our tax refund, lol. And there's sure to be a ton of pictures. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, and especially to the little man who has stolen both of our hearts.
--KC

No comments:

Post a Comment