Friday, August 30, 2013

Preschool: Round Two

All I can say is thank goodness we did preschool last year.  

Because we were able to stick with the same head teacher in the same classroom, it has made this year a complete breeze.  Add in that we got the afternoon time slot, the fact that we can now drop him off at the back door right by his classroom, and that Iowa has a grant making 4-year-old preschool totally FREE...and I am one extremely happy mama.  I mean really, how did I get so lucky??

When school started on Monday, Topher ran right in.  
When it was over, he came out and told me that he "was good all day."  

And that's how this whole week has gone.  

First day of 4-year-old preschool

Quick pic with daddy before work:


Holding up the sign:

                                                

"When I grow up I want to be myself."  Maybe my favorite thing he has ever said.

                                       

Topher and mommy:


 Topher and Rylie (the girl I watch during the week).  They are in the exact same preschool class so it's just the greatest thing ever.


Running to their class (Topher is saying, "Follow me!") 


 Finding his locker and hanging up his bag:


Let the fun begin:


There's my big, brave boy:


I'm going to enjoy this year while I can.  I know that next year will be a HUGE change.  It will be a new teacher in a new school, for one thing.  Plus kindergarten will last 7 hours, five days a week.  (Preschool was 3 days a week last year and is 4 days a week this year.  And it's only 2.5 hours per day.)

I'm nervous just thinking about it.  But at least I know that we are giving him every advantage and every opportunity to ease into his schooling career.

And hopefully one day he will be receiving a fancy diploma in the major of "being yourself."  

Because I never want him to become anything else.

--KC

No comments:

Post a Comment