Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Knitting Lately

I can't post pictures of every item as soon as it is made because many of my knitted items are gifts and I need to protect the element of surprise. I am basically the knitting FBI, expertly stashing different things away depending on who is coming over to visit me. (I like to pretend as though people are waiting with baited breath to see what I have knitted. Humor me.) But here are some recent creations from my sticks and balls o' yarn.

Some sponges for the kitchen sink. My last store-bought sponge fell apart so instead of buying a new one, I just whipped one out. Oh, and you can toss it in the wash if it gets gunky.

I got my niece a necklace for her baptism, but I didn't have a gift box for it. So I knitted a little necklace pouch.

It was also my niece's birthday, so I made her a blanket for her dolls.

My sister-in-law finally got her fingerless gloves:

I tried out a pattern for a braided baby ball. This sucker took forever. Topher loves it.
This is my first attempt at a baby blankie. It's a smaller, car-seat size blanket. I added a loop on one corner so you could clip a pacifier or favorite toy to it.
And finally, some booties for my new nephew, Miles.
That's all I can post right now. There is just one more project that I could show you.
But then I'd have to kill you.
--KC

6 comments:

  1. That knitted ball rocks my socks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding me?! you are amazing, seriously. you are just a knitting machine, aren't you? i love every single thing you've made so far. especially the blanket with the loop for a paci or toy, how clever are you?so when's your shop opening? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have been busy! Ha ha - I accidentally just typed busty instead of busy. But seriously, you are doing SO GOOD with your new skill. I am impressed. And I can't even pick a favorite project because they are all adorable. But it's a close tie between the booties, the ball and the baby blanket. Can you tell I'm into all things baby lately?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy buckets, you're amazing! Love you lots and I am super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE my fingerless gloves! They are just perfect!

    Oz just told me that he would like a super soft mini snuggle blanky with a paci loop. Really, he said "ba ba ba blag blag ba ba blag". But that honestly translates to "I love soft blankys, love my paci, and love my Aunt Karen!"

    luvs, aby
    (and Oz)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, how could I say no to Oz, really??? Thanks everyone for the comments. I will live on a happy cloud of praise for weeks. You're all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete