Monday, May 17, 2010

Ready for my closeup!

TJ's parents were inspired this year for Mother's day. Their gift to me was to have Topher professionally photographed. I'm ashamed to say that for whatever reason, we have never done this with him. Although he has thousands upon thousands of beautiful pictures, none of them were created in a studio with real backdrops and a top-of-the-line camera. I was a little worried that he would be too active to get any really amazing pictures, but when I saw the final shots on the computer screen, my jaw dropped. They were stunning. It was expensive, yes, but I realize that I will treasure these pictures my entire life. Because it was too hard to pick out the shots we liked, we ordered a CD of all the pictures taken. Here are a few of my favorites (Tina, being a photographer I think you're going to love these!)
A huge thanks to Terry and Kathy for such a wonderful present. I knew my little man was beautiful, but having someone capture that beauty in every detail was just incredible. Topher, when you're grown and married, pictures like these will be all I have left of your babyhood. But they will help me remember your little voice and your chubby belly and your crazy hair, and the way you smile at me. They will bring back memories of dancing and laughing and chasing you around. They will remind me of how you will always be my little baby, no matter how old you get. I'm so glad you're mine.
--KC

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, these are CUTE! His personality shines through these photos...which is rare for studio photography (they're usually so stiff). That bath time one is sooooo stinkin' adorable!! I also love the first one and the last one where he's 'eating' the blanket.These melted me, and i'm sure as his mom they melted you 100 times more. Good job Topher, you are quite the model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are SO CUTE! Your photographer is talented! He is so handsome :) What a great gift!!!

    ReplyDelete