Friday, May 7, 2010

Check This Out!

My mom is an amazing woman, one who is constantly coming up with new ideas. She could make Einstein dizzy. Well this one is her latest brainchild and I have to say, it's pretty cool. So I'm going to give it a plug here because I'm proud of my mom! It's called Match It RIGHT (note that the box is made to resemble a match box) and it's a little color coordination kit. It has 600 color swatches (with peek-a-boo holes so it's easy to hold the color over an object and see if it's a good match), a little notepad and pencil for jotting down colors, and a tape measure. Literally, it's like having a teeny tiny interior designer in a box. The Match It RIGHT box Contents of box Color wheel, spread out Flip side of the color wheel And of course one of the perks of being an inventor's daughter is that I got a sample Match It RIGHT to try out. Hats off, mom, I'm having fun with it! I was just holding up colors to my walls yesterday to see what paint colors inspired me. It would work great for quilters who want to match colors without dragging an entire quilt into the store. And I'm kind of sad that I didn't have this when I was planning my wedding reception. I could have just matched the color of my table linens, for example, and used that to coordinate the centerpieces. Or if I want to buy Topher some bedding that matches his walls, I can just match his wall to the color wheel, throw it in my purse, and go shopping (which beats chipping off a piece of the paint in a nondescript section of his room, lol.) You could use the color wheel to match shirts to pants, towels to tiles, throw pillows to accessories...anything! Plus, if two people had it in totally different cities, they could match gifts or coordinate clothing over the phone. This is me matching Topher's new slide to the color wheel Seriously, I give my mom two thumbs up here. It's like having hundreds of paint swatches at my fingertips in a very organized way. And she took pains to have every piece of the kit made in the USA, which wasn't easy as I understand. Plus I absolutely love that the company number is my home phone number, the one I grew up with. Really, if you call the number, the phone will be ringing in my childhood underground home. (Mole Girl, that's what the kids on the bus used to call me...but that might be another post for another time.) Mom, I'm happy to endorse your product on my blog, for whatever it may be worth! I'm very proud of you and I love you! Happy Mother's day to an amazing woman with endless energy, an allergy to convention, and a humongous heart. --KC

4 comments:

  1. Well, thank you....even if you are a little bit biased! I love you lots....mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, it's too cool! Cathy of course slid ours over to us in Sacrament meeting (which oftentimes seems to be a gift-giving time from her to us and we couldn't love it more, seriously we've scored some GREAT stuff!).

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's not fair! No one gives me anything during church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this post. Your mom always amazes me. What a great idea! Oh how I miss weekends at your underground home. Great times!

    ReplyDelete