Monday, November 9, 2009

So Much To Say

I literally never know what the day will bring. Today brought me a son who suddenly learned how to "talk." Topher has babbled before, but nothing like this. Today he talked incessantly. It really seems like he knows exactly what he's saying, even if it's not at all in English. It's pretty entertaining to say the least. The problem is, whenever I grab the camera and start recording, he goes mute. So after a few failed attempts at capturing him on film, I waited until he was distracted and I took this video of him through the legs of the coffee table. He's sitting in an enormous pile of his books that he has scattered around, and he is "reading" to himself. (Either that, or offering up detailed reviews on all his baby books, how are we to know?)

As you can see, as soon as he spots the camera, he stops talking. I have no idea what he is saying, but I think that's one of the puzzles you get to solve as a parent, the deciphering of a primitive language that is spoken mainly in squeals. I can't tell you how much we love hearing his voice. Even though we're still learning his language, it's music to our ears.

--KC

1 comment: