Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wearing Out the Printer

I have decided to go digital with my journal since I can type so much faster than I can write, but I still like having a hard copy I can flip through. I was printing out my entries one at a time, cutting them down to size, and gluing them into a traditional journal. Too much work. So I went back and reprinted all the entries since Topher's birth along with all the blogs so far (because sometimes I'll write on the blog rather than in my journal so without the blogs, my journal has big gaps) and I put them all in order. It's probably about 250 pages of text. Just since October. Wow. I'm just going to 3-hole punch them and put them in a binder, since that is so much easier. I love that journaling is one of my strengths, because I have a truly terrible memory, and details get so lost in my head.
Topher is still not crawling. He'll roll and scoot but he just can't figure it out, poor kid. And still no teeth. And still no mimicking of words or sounds. Sometimes he'll say something that sounds like "boo" or "gee" but that's about it. Oh, and he's still not sitting up or even attempting to. He keeps getting bigger, though. He had a checkup yesterday and he is 85th percentile for weight and 21st percentile for height. We're going to need a growth spurt if he's ever going to even out, lol. Otherwise he'll just be our short, round little sweetheart. He gets compliments wherever we go (especially on his big blue eyes) and everyone feels the need to tell me that he's a little clone of TJ (as if I hadn't already figured that out.) Here he is wrestling with TJ the other night:
We had 2 more showings of the house last weekend, but no offers yet. Our open house is this Saturday, so we'll see if we get any feedback from that (it also happens to be Cambridge's Jubilee Days so there should be a lot of people in town that aren't usually here). If no one is interested, we'll lower the price and just keep waiting. We survived a heavy storm Sunday night (just barely). We got about 2.25 inches in 30 minutes...that's the one thing this town can't handle, a lot of rain in a short amount of time. We had a small lake in the backyard and water seeping under the garage door.
Luckily, so luckily, the storm passed and everything had a chance to dry out, so no damage done. But we were very scared and moving everything out of the garage (and yes, I'll admit it, I was crying at the thought of another flood.) Our sump pump ran for about 36 hours and kept us dry (our neighbors across the street don't have a sump pump and they got about 3.5 inches of water in their basement.) We really think if we can make it through June, we'll be in the clear for the rest of the summer. Anyway, just wanted to post a quick update since it's been a few days. Hope everyone is having a good week!
--KC

No comments:

Post a Comment