Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sitting Pretty (Or Handsome, In This Case)

Topher is BUSY. He wiggles and squirms and scoots and shuffles, but I can tell he wants more. He wants to stand. I saw him reaching up for the couch today, so I stood him up and let him hold on to the edge of the couch and he was very excited about it. His legs are strong, and he'll stiffen them up to hold his weight, but he's nowhere near doing it himself. After he got bored of that, I decided to try to sit him up again. Usually he immediately throws his weight backwards but today he actually sat for a little while. Naturally, I caught it on tape. (I apologize in advance for all the comments such as, "Good boy, Topher!" and, "You are such a big boy!" But I was excited and I'm a mom and I'm allowed to talk to Topher that way now. Nevertheless, I have enough awareness to realize that it gets annoying, so feel free to turn down the sound.) Just a note: I tried to get Topher to sit up again right after I ended taping this and he acted like he had never done it before. He threw his weight back and wouldn't even try to do it. This is why I take so many videos...you just never know what a baby is going to do. --KC

5 comments:

  1. Look at those rolls go!
    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is soooo much fun to see videos of him...I don't care what he is doing! Of course, it makes me wonder what you are putting in his milk? lol love to all mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, don't make fun of his chub...it's his cutest feature, haha. :) ever since the day I did this with him, he's been sitting up more and more...he loves it! and he really loves to shake his head "no" while he's sitting up, it's great. I can't wait to see what he'll be doing when the reunion rolls around. I think we're right on the cusp of major mobility. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rolls! If he were my baby, he'd get bitten a lot - I'm always looking for rolls on my babies to bite!

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Macie you are just the sweetest mom ever. Your little voice cracks me up (in a good way). I can tell just from your happiness how much you love that "little" guy! Thanks for sharing. He gets cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete