Friday, May 29, 2009

The Waiting Game

This is stressful. Trying to keep this house in show-ready condition ALL the time with Topher spitting up on every surface he contacts and drooling almost as much as Sassy does. Then there's the showings. It is SO exciting leaving the house, knowing that an agent is going to walk a family through your house, but it's SO nerve-wracking, too. I mean, it's weird enough knowing that total strangers are scrutinizing your home when you're not there, but then there's also the wondering about what they said and thought about all of it. I wish I had a hidden camera hooked up so I could at least hear their comments. All I know is that it's hard living in a house that you are trying to sell, and I'm going to worry myself ragged wondering if anyone is ever going to love it enough to make an offer on it. An agent walked a couple through the house today (it's going to be a pain getting everything cleaned up, getting Topher packed, and then leaving for an hour each time, by the way) and I just wish I could know how our house comes across to total strangers. I'm too used to seeing it to know how it appears through fresh eyes. I'm sure there will be many, many of these showings before we receive an offer (which is a little depressing but I'll deal) and each time it will be just as hard to wait and wait to hear if there's any feedback. I guess the main thing to remember is that we've done everything we can possibly do. Now we just have to have a little faith and enough luck to get the right people to walk through the house. It's a lot more fun to be the buyer. I could go house-shopping all day. Before we found this home, we spent an entire day with our realtor, touring about 14 houses. TJ hated every minute of it, but I was having a blast. By the end of the day, we couldn't remember one house from the next. I kind of liked the Grandma house. Which one was that again, the one with the tiled walls? No no, that was the Hodge-Podge house, with the crazy additions everywhere. What about the Diner house, with the built-in kitchen booth? It was fun, being the one in the driver's seat. But now the tables are turned and we're stuck in the backseat, unable to go anywhere until someone offers to drive. Will our luck change tomorrow, or will we still be sitting here, wearily waiting a month from now? I hate not knowing. But I suppose it's a lot better than wondering if your house will sink or float. --KC

3 comments:

  1. aww, hang in there girlie...I'm sure the waiting is the hardest part when it comes to selling your house. You guys have worked your butts off and it shows...I bet you'll get an offer within the next week. Good Luck and we can't wait to hear the good news. ;)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, it's official...you're like the best cheerleader ever. :) Thanks for all the encouragement, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will sell....and at least you have Topher to entertain you and keep you busy so that the time goes by a little faster! We can hardly wait to see you next Friday....the earlier the better I know so you can get back with Topher...love you lots...mom

    ReplyDelete