Friday, April 10, 2009

Awaiting Easter

I am so excited for Easter. TJ and I were comparing Easter traditions and it seems that while he was out "hunting" for candy and tediously gathering it piece by piece like a caveman, I would wake up to the most beautiful basket of candy, right beside my bed. I told him my Easter Bunny must have been much nicer than his. :) It's kind of fun knowing that we get to start traditions of our own. Even though he's only 6 months old, Topher is getting quite a few little presents. I can't wait to see his face when we give him our favorite present...a near life-saved stuffed animal alligator from Sam's Club. Hopefully he won't cry. It's adorable. It's exactly the sort of thing I pictured when I envisioned having a little boy. That, and Spiderman tightie-whities. But more than the excitement of the basket beside the bed, I love the real reason for Easter. I can't wait to tell Topher all about how Jesus came and stood beside a weeping Mary at the empty sepulchre, and asked her why she wept and whom she was seeking. How her heart was physically aching and how she, assuming him to be the gardener, begged him to tell her where they had moved her Lord and the way Jesus' answer was simply, "Mary." Then how she must have recognized him from his voice and inflection because she looked up at him and said, "Rabboni." And finally how, after that beautiful morning, the world would never be the same again. --KC

1 comment:

  1. Rome has Spiderman tighty-whiteys and I have to say they are EXTREMELY cute.

    I'm excited for Easter too, I just wish Jeff didn't have to work. Because he'll be "on" our schedule will be "off" and we'll have to hurry through the egg hunt and such. Don't get me wrong I am VERY VERY VERY happy he has a job, and PRAY that he doesn't get laid off. The KC police department has to make up for 15 million in budget cuts and has to figure it all out by the end of the month. Please pray they have the good sense to NOT lay off officers - it's a very real possibility that they might.

    luvs, aby

    ReplyDelete