Thursday, April 15, 2010

Entering Toddler-hood

Next week Topher will be 18 months old, which in my head is the start of true toddler-hood. And having lived through the last 18 months, I can honestly say that every stage so far is better than the last. Now he is at a point where communicating is getting easier on a daily basis. Not only is he attempting new words all the time, but today at the park after wearing himself out, he walked over to his stroller and said, "home." (That's a vast improvement from having to pry him, kicking and screaming, away just a month ago. I think that means that we've gone to the park enough for him to trust that we'll probably be back again the next day.) And even though he can make more demands now ( I promise he wakes up every morning saying, "Out, out, out!" because he wants to go outside), we LOVE the little boy he is becoming. He is sweet and gives kisses and loves animals and loves to laugh. He picks me flowers and he likes to brush my hair right after I wash it and he thinks it's hilarious when we act like different animals. It's so much fun to watch him learn. Here is a clip of him saying a few words he knows and showing off where his body parts are:

And here's another one of him trying to figure out how to jump:

It's still ridiculous how many pictures and videos I take on a daily basis. Sometimes I load them into the computer and I can't even remember taking them all. (Of course, that's also because Topher often finds the camera and takes quite a few himself.) But I have a feeling that I will be taking even more as Topher continues to do things that I want to capture forever. Which is pretty much everything.

--KC

No comments:

Post a Comment